Sunday, January 27, 2013

Saturday Day

Yesterday's Saturday was yet another busy Saturday. I noticed that at times the busy Saturdays were like patterns. So, how was it spent for yesterday's Saturday?
1. At work:
1.1: Green Club spring-cleaning. Something which i am really good at- organising things. Boxed and labeled them. It is now a much better place to stand (and prostrate).
1.2: Tea Session with Marieah's class. Together with Tamhid. We were surrounded by expats and the rich. Ok, that was just an observation. Period. I really dont care much because we are probably the better parents who dont shift our responsibilities to the domestic workers. Im not sure if I should look forward to the birthday invites and playdates, as suggested by Hamish's mummy.
2. I have to skip Candy's housewarming invitation.
3. I have to skip June Rusdon's old-friends gathering at where else, BigFish Bistro.
4. Spent the evening with Sister-In-Law Erni to listen to Imam Abdul Lateef Finch talked about searching for Allah at our down times. I had it recorded using the app in this iphone5. Syukur Allah for this tech-advancement.
5. Spent about a good 10 minutes in tears before sleeping;
that was AFTER the results of the Punggol East bi-election (WP won, by the way), reading a touching chronological journal blog of a mother from the day her daughter met with an accident till the day she passed away (6/1 to 20/1) and the HW time.
I think, as at now, I already know why I cried.
Imam Finch shared his observation in his closing speech. He said that in any events that he has attended (referring to religious events), the vast majority is the females and not the males. There is a problem. Men are not becoming men. They remain as boys.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: