they are seRIOUSly serious about us procreating.
"Mr PM, after looking at your offer to child-bearing women like me, I must say it is indeed an advantageous offer. Its getting better by the year. I see hope in the future for my own daughters when they decide to have kids. Personally, Mr PM, I want to have more babies. I do. I wished to have FOUR, just like the people around me. Yet, I have my worries, sir. I share your sentiment about changing of mindets, especially one that involves fathering role. Yes, I agree. Something should be done. If the parenting 'system' works consistently and equally between husband and wife, then it would be a successful and positive child-rearing experience. I watched the news or read somewhere that "the culture of fatherhood (in S'pore) has definitely changed many years back, however its time to look at the practices. Mr PM, I present thee my worries..."
1. Husband & Wife relationship became once-upon-a-time (personal level of emotional needs varies as new member joins in).
2. Lack of time: to relax; quality time with spouse; with own parents; with own hobbies.
3. Managing priorities: I love my family AND my career. I am "growing" along with my career. So many things to explore, yet my young children are slowing my opportunities. On the other hand, I love my family. I want to give the best for them, but with the cost of living very high, I must work, to earn money for basic basic use; which means sacrificing time to be with them.
4. Family Finance (which is a minor setback. Least worried.) Baby Bonus and subsidies make a LOT of difference. Thank you for that initiative. It is what it is - a bonus. With that, I am able to place my child in a preferred school with a good programme. I want quality, so I pay more.
5. Workplace mindset. You give us more days off. We welcome that, but do you think the workforce think likewise?? No. The last time I utilised the 3rd-mth maternity perk, I was arranged to take leave as and when it was deemed "non-peak". At the discretion of my supervisor. It was totally the opposite of the whole main purpose.
"Suggestions, Mr PM? I suppose! Give me months to think about it"