Monday, August 18, 2008

Rewarded

Rewards bring positive effects on you. Like what I have just recently experienced. And for that, I am Thankful to Him for the blessings bestowed upon me.

1. The company I've been working for rewarded me by acknowledging my loyalty and contributions for the past 5 years. I am one of the few recipients of Long Service Appreciation award on Friday. I was awarded with a Swatch watch. Coincidentally, I have a collection, that brings to a total of 20. Am I happy? Happpppy.

2. Being Nisfu Syaaban on Saturday (where Maghrib is the beginning of the day); I was rewarded with the opportunity to sit jemaah with hubby and parents to recite surah Yaasin, 3 times. Usually we are ALWAYS occupied Saturdays, but not last Saturday. Following that reward, I prayed that my dua granted, and ibadah on that day accepted.

3. I had the niat to Puasa sunat Nisfu Syaaban; but considering it was on a Sunday, I was eerrrr...contemplating. I woke up for Subuh and reached for the Amalan Seharian book, and I turned to this page, where it mentioned about the Rewards promised by Allah for those who observes fasting. I made my niat and Alhamdulillah, continued my fast. I was excited by the Rewards. Like I've said, may Allah reward my ibadah.

4. Rewarded with Hor Fun for iftar; peace and tranquility the whole day, yes! despite having Rushda and Durrah around.

5. Team Singapore's table-tennis duo won themselves Silver at the Olympics. That's their reward for all their perserverence and hard works. Li Jiawei (despite being a China-born) has been wanting to do this for Singapore. We must be happy for her.

My opinion about their winning? Fabulous. Its the fighting spirits. Nevermind that they are not pure Singaporeans. If we want something to be won by 'real' Singaporeans, then nurture your children's talents in sports. Dont be empty-barrels. Personally, I feel that Li Jiawei won. Not Singapore. Good for her, first. Good for country, second.

On that note, believe in Rewards. You'll never know when you'll get one, but you will, if you are committed, have the patience and optimistic. Enjoy what you do and You'll be rewarded.

No comments: